8/24/2016: MediaWiki software and PHP version updated. Please let me know if you find any problems.. Also, extensive Template cleanup is in progress based on new things I have learned on another wiki project. I will update the Help files when I get it all done. --OS-9 Al
8/30/2016: Massive re-work is being done on the InfoBox Templates. Read that page to keep up with the plan for that, and adding better keyword tags (categories) to all the pages. --OS-9 Al (talk) 15:28, 31 August 2016 (CDT)
|Looking for CoCo help? If you are trying to do something with your old Color Computer, read this quick reference. Want to contribute to this wiki? Be sure to read this first. This CoCo wiki project was started on October 29, 2004. --OS-9 Al|
This page was last updated on 10/12/2016. Total Pages: 530. Total Files: 757.
Home / Emulators - Emulators
For those who just want to relive some fond memories, an emulator is a great way to do just that.
Emulators by Platform
- Mocha, by Brad Grier, is a CoCo 1/2 emulator written in Java that runs from a web browser. This emulator has been running online for 10 years now and has a vast collection of disk and cassette programs to run.
- MAME, the current version of MESS has been merge into MAME. MAME runs on Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and other SDL-supported operating systems.
- XRoar is a Dragon and Coco 1/2 emulator for Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, Windows, and other platforms.
- The Windows-based VCC emulator has been shown to work under Linux using the WINE virtualization software.
Mac (pre OS X)
- Virtual CoCo - A CoCo 2 emulator for the Macintosh. Not much is known of this emulator.
Mac OS X
- CoCoNut - CoCo 1/2 emulator for PalmOS v5 devices.
- Jeff Vavasour's CoCo emulator.
- MESS - Based on the MAME arcade emulator code, this project emulates various classic home computer systems.
- VCC - CoCo 3 emulator for Windows. (orignially called "Bjork")
Using Emulation (Tutorials)
Some places on the internet to download ROM and Disk images.
- A functional set of ROM images is included with the VCC emulator.