Home / Emulators - Emulators
For those who just want to relive some fond memories, an emulator is a great way to do just that.
Emulators by Platform
- Mocha, by Brad Grier, is a CoCo 1/2 emulator written in Java that runs from a web browser. This emulator has been running online for 10 years now and has a vast collection of disk and cassette programs to run.
- SDLMESS, the current version of MESS, runs on Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and other SDL-supported operating systems.
- XRoar is a Dragon and Coco 1/2 emulator for Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, Windows, and other platforms.
- The Windows-based VCC emulator has been shown to work under Linux using the WINE virtualization software.
Mac (pre OS X)
- Virtual CoCo - A CoCo 2 emulator for the Macintosh. Not much is known of this emulator.
Mac OS X
- CoCoNut - CoCo 1/2 emulator for PalmOS v5 devices.
- Jeff Vavasour's CoCo emulator.
- MESS - Based on the MAME arcade emulator code, this project emulates various classic home computer systems.
- VCC - CoCo 3 emulator for Windows. (orignially called "Bjork")
Using Emulation (Tutorials)
Some places on the internet to download ROM and Disk images.