CoCo Next Generation
Gary Becker has started the CoCo-X project.
Specifying the CC-Five
The purpose of this section is to serve as a collaborative framework for developing technical specifications for the next generation of Color Computer development.
- History and Rationale - Why do such a thing?
- Roadmap - How we might get to where we want to go today.
- Design Criteria - Guidelines for what gets added, what stays, and what goes.
- Standards and Procedures - What kinds of information do we expect to put in the following subsections?
- Architectural Overview - Here's the big picture. Block diagrams of major subsystems, etc.
- CPU / MMU - Design specifications for the processor, memory management unit, and DRAM controller, system bus, etc.
- Video - Video display hardware.
- Audio - Sound input and output.
- Other I/O - Built-in I/O devices, such as serial, parallel, IDE, and memory card.
- Software Issues - Software and firmware that may be distributed with CC-Five systems.
- Work Allocation - Rubber, meet Road. Who's actually going to work on this stuff?
- Wishlist - Put fanciful musings here. Please leave them out of the other subsections.