2020: NameSpaces are going to be implemented this year to better separate content. OS-9 Al (talk) 11:18, 15 April 2020 (CDT)
2020-05-17: If a page gives you an error about some revision not being found, just EDIT the page and the old page should appear in the editor. If it does, just SAVE that and the page should be restored. OS-9 Al (talk) 12:22, 17 May 2020 (CDT)
Luis, thank you for all your work on the CoCopedia! You have been busy! The Nav templates ((NavWhatever)) automatically have a ((Category:Whatever)) tag as part of them. You do not need to manually put in the ((Category:Whatever)) on your pages. Neat, yes? OS-9 Al (talk)
- Yes, I noticed recently, and quit, I will review the items that can Luis46coco (talk) 03:19, 12 February 2015 (CST)
- Thank you for helping out! I found the Wikipedia help page on "Talk/Discussion" pages. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial/Talk_pages I am having to re-learn how to use these. OS-9 Al (talk) 09:10, 17 February 2015 (CST)
Please do not repost other's content.
Luis - thanks for your work creating pages on the CoCopedia, but please do not take content from other sites and place it here. Pages should be original, and can link to other sites. If the site owner wants to put their content here, invite them over :) Thanks. OS-9 Al (talk) 18:10, 19 June 2013 (CDT)
- to see if I understood, if the descriptions of the games, which take curtisboile the page, he gave me permission to reproduce it, my idea is to have everything on their website, but added many missing and nobody can add in the original page, so I put all the text, I'm wrong then?
- I thought we would have a complete index of all the computer colored, summary of all material in detail to the fullest, I'm wrong?
- Even thought making summaries of the contents of the magazines, for example putting on every game the revisines made by each journal, found bugs, tricks and other things
- Besides support for missing pages, and unable to contact the author
- --Luis46coco (talk) 10:47, 23 June 2013 (CDT)
Hello Mr. Allen Huffman For almost a year ago, the buttons to sort the list of software, missing I find it very important to place again as well can be searched and sorted, for example, all games of an author, or 512k or whatever.
I think this happened in the last modification you notice
This report is the same https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=687519
- Check now. I looked at the Wikipedia table page.. Our page looks good. I did "Edit" and "Show preview" and it is working again. If Mediawiki has a bug, we will wait until they fix the bug. OS-9 Al (talk) 09:04, 17 February 2015 (CST)
No Edit permision in FAQ
When editing the page of FAQ receive this error. Your permission to access this file or location has been denied. Deal with it. Also when editing the previous section: Problem in the UP/DOWN arrows list software Says: Your permission to access this file or location has been denied. Deal with it. Luis46coco (talk) 03:39, 12 February 2015 (CST)
- I think that shows if a directory is protected (not part of Wiki). It is a website 403 error. I can customize the message. For example: http://www.subethasoftware.com/files/ That directory is protected. You only see "Error 403" there. I could customize it to be a "Oops!" web page. I did that for CoCopedia. I do not know why you saw that. Let me know if you see it again. Thank you. OS-9 Al (talk) 09:09, 17 February 2015 (CST)
What are the most important sections?
Luis. On the left side there is "main topics." I can add to this menu. I have "CoCo conventions", "Emulation", and "Internet resources." I would like more. Software, Hardware, etc. What are the most important sections here? OS-9 Al (talk) 09:12, 17 February 2015 (CST)
I would like, with your permission, to discuss and change this label tag of this infobox
1.- The tag ISBN and ESBN-13 sometimes does not exist, and I think it is useless to place Lost ISBN, as suggesting that someone should fill in, I think it will be correct to be able to remove the TAG without further notice of lack
2.- This also applies to NOTES, sometimes there are not.
3.- The TAG Volume, which you mentioned in http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/InfoBox_Templates, Volume -? What is the intention of this? It is for magazines that are not in the air with the year, and that Rainbow of January 1993 is V2 No7
4.- The TAG Source, really the source is the magazine, rather it had to be placed, who took the job of placing the information on the page, something like, [Performed by]
Ok, When everything is clear, I can also make the changes, I already have some experience in infobox, but I will wait for you to use me, and thank you very much for your attention so fast --Luis46coco (talk) 10:46, 16 March 2019 (CDT)
|Info Source||INFO SOURCE NEEDED|
|About the Publication Info Box|
- TEST (to the right). This only has "boxtype" (required) and name. Only the items shown as "NEEDED" are expected to be provided. Any others can be left out without anything happening. Leaving out ISBN should show nothing. Only "name", "year", "location", "notes" and "info source" are required. If there are new fields needed, I can add them to the template as optional tags. Suggestions? OS-9 Al (talk)
Ok, certainly do not remove the TAG
I think point 4, who places the info, although it is not mandatory
Try again, but even without the ISBN tags placed, it still comes out that is needed It is obligatory http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Rainbow_Magazine_December_1982
- For me this is a good example of what you should be an infobox of a game http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0003012--Luis46coco (talk) 05:45, 17 March 2019 (CDT)
Template: InfoBox (Software)
I already understood what you are doing with the main and secondary infobox, I will work following those guidelines, now well
Any doubts: 1.- It is better Graphics, graphic mode or video mode, I think graphics is a single word and does not occupy 2 words or up to 2 lines
2.- Model, equipment or platform, at your choice
3.- Download, maybe it would be convenient to download the software, but you have to consider Disk / Tape, different versions for different equipment and memories
4.- Memory or RAM, at your choice
5.- I also worry about the order, I think that Author and Publisher should be very close and up
6.- Regarding the name DOS or OS, it can be any, since DECB is DOS and OS9 is OS, what if you have to agree is whether the type (DECB OR RS-DOS) call it DECB OR RS-DOS , the second is more beautiful, but really when turning on the computer what is read is Disk Extenden Color Basic, apart from the type (OS9 / NistOs-9) as OS9 ??
7.- Should not they be obligatory? Notes NOTES NEEDED Possibly if: Info Source INFO SOURCE NEEDED
8.- Maybe it would be interesting to know if you can play only with a keyboard? something like that, or it is enough with requirements.
9.- Caption? if it's the explanation or name of the image, it's fine, but it does not work
10.- Photo, Image, Screen Dump or Picture, I really prefer image or picture, since nobody has taken a photo to the TV for these games.
11.- format = Magazine, Magazine Thick Loin, Book, News Paper
12.- location = ?? ==> language = English
13.- Delete? [InfoBox Magazine] [GameInfoBox]
TEST IN : http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/3-D_Brickaway --Luis46coco (talk) 13:47, 17 March 2019 (CDT)
"Rainbow" or "The Rainbow"
I thought I could make the transfer but I could not. Then I thought it would be through the "The Rainbow" redirect page and moved to "The Rainbow1" provisionally, but it keeps both and I can not delete it.
I think the correct thing would be to call The Rainbow page with a redirection page from Rainbow to take the user to "The Rainbow" I know that you have to change 20 or 30 links to that page, (or maybe with redirection is enough), I could make the change of those 20 or 30 links if necessary.
Delete notice 2014-01-19 Update: We are testing a new version of Mediawiki. Proceed with caution...
Please Delete notice 2014-01-19 Update: We are testing a new version of Mediawiki. Proceed with caution...