2020: NameSpaces are going to be implemented this year to better separate content. OS-9 Al (talk) 11:18, 15 April 2020 (CDT)
2020-05-17: If a page gives you an error about some revision not being found, just EDIT the page and the old page should appear in the editor. If it does, just SAVE that and the page should be restored. OS-9 Al (talk) 12:22, 17 May 2020 (CDT)
Wasn't it called "The Rainbow"? LeoO 15:43, 26 June 2006 (EDT)
The Magazine is "The Rainbow" no "Rainbow", I thought I could make the transfer but I could not. Then I thought it would be through the "The Rainbow" redirect page and moved to "The Rainbow1" provisionally, but it keeps both and I can not delete it.
I think the correct thing would be to call The Rainbow page with a redirection page from Rainbow to take the user to "The Rainbow" I know that you have to change 20 or 30 links to that page, (or maybe with redirection is enough), I could make the change of those 20 or 30 links if necessary.
Descriptions for the detailed edition of articles
For the pages of the articles I propose the following:
- Article title
- Article: Title of the article
- Title of the article (Rainbow1981-10) Ex: Music made easy (Rainbow-1981-07)
The danger of the first method is that many clashes and disambiguations may occur.
For revisions it would be used, Review: Title, this is done because there is, surely, this same name of the software or hardware to which the article refers, as the page created of the product.--Luis46coco (talk) 04:43, 22 April 2019 (CDT)
Utility of magazine articles in detail in the wiki.
Initially, this seems completely useless, since we have the PDFs of the journals in various qualities, even with OCR made.
But I have noticed many things that this wiki can offer as an additional benefit in this detailed way of viewing magazines, I list them here for discussion.
1.- It is a convenient way to read them (even if they do not have the initial format).
2.- They contain the corresponding corrections, both the typographical corrections of the journal, and the corrections in subsequent articles.
3.- They will contain photos of the programs in execution, videos of these same ones, they can contain a corrected list
4.- It will have links to the descriptive sheets of the Author, Distributor, brand or manufacturer.
5.- The descriptive sheets of the Author, Distributor, brand or manufacturer, in turn, will have links to their Articles, Ads and other cross references.
6.- There will be listings and tests of programs that are not on tape or disk, and will be passed to these formats.
7.- Contain the necessary links to:
- The original magazine even to the original page directly
- Next and Previous magazine
- Download link of the program (depending on the case), in various formats.
8.- You can see the versions and improvements of some program.
9.- References to all the articles of a topic.
10.- References by Author.
11.- Statistics, due to the database that I have built, we can do the following.
- Statistics of the magazine, number of articles, per magazine per Year by volume or Total.
- Statistics by topic, by Year, Volume or totals
- Statistics by Author, by Year, Volume or totals
12.- We can all have opinions regarding a certain article.
13.- We can have a grade of the articles, in order of importance, interest or depth, voting. 14.- For people of other languages, this will be very important, since using Google Translator we can read the magazines in our language without great problems, even for people who can read in English, it means a break from the necessary effort. and we are talking about all languages.
15.- As additional work and due to the extraction of the articles that are not converted to text, I am leaving a base of journals that can be converted into WORD or passed to PDF. with corrected OCR or even broadcast them again in other languages with all the format and original graphics in PDF. (a re-edition of the magazine)
The navigation inside Rainbow modify it a bit
You have to create the NavRainbow Year-Month template and also the Rainbow Year-Month template
The Nav will be linked while the normal template will be separated and it will be separated in the navigation bar
I will try to create them all so that there are no problems
For the categories I will also create a structure
Category: Rainbow 1981
Category: Rainbow 1981-07
in the Rainbow category there will only be years and within a year there will only be magazines and within the magazine every article
The categories, and how to write them
- In uppercase?
- It is necessary to decide if to put them as titles in capital letters completely
- It looks nice but it takes up a lot of screen space
- In singular or plural
- Some seem to be better in Plural and others in singular
- Editor's Notes or Editor Notes
- Game or Games (This seems better in plural)
- Normally an article that is dedicated to a subject is said to be of a category (in the singular) and when one refers to the category, then the plural of the category is used, for example:
An article of a game is said, that is, really a game (Singular) or that belongs to the category Games (Plural)
As it is called and what is the definition of each of the following parabras:
Topic = Category = Department = Section? this must be defined
- DEPARTMENTS = Are the articles that are repeated in the journal in a usual way, such as: PRINT # -2 and others, (Regardless of the subject matter, whether hardware or software).
- THEMES: They are, about what the article is about.
- SECTION: They are, about what the article is about.
- CATEGORIES: They are, about what the article is about.
We know that an article belongs to one or several categories, this can have consequences in the statistics because the articles are counted more than once.
I know that an article can be of a section or category, like GAME, but when we refer to the category we talk about Games (plural = Many). List of Categories:
- Assembly (Singular), Discard "Assembly Language"
- Bussiness (Plural = Many)
- COMMUNICATIONS (Plural = Many)
- GAMES (Plural = Many)
- GRAPHICS (Plural = Many)
- HOME / HOBBY
- REVIEWS (Plural = Many) (Discarded Product Reviews)
- SOFTWARE REVIEWS
- HARDWARE REVIEWS
- WORD PROCESSING (No Word Processor)